Dr. Mike Licona gives talk on the whole issues of heaven and hell; who goes there and how they go there alongside many ways versus One Way. He addresses some of Rob Bell’s comments, raised in his book Love Wins.
In this audio, Licona covers 3 Major Positions :
(1) Universalism – everyone will be saved; no one will be lost, and eventually go to heaven apart from their faith in Jesus Christ.
(2) Exclusivism – Jesus is the Only Way to heaven and apart from faith in Jesus, there is no hope and other way for any human being to go to heaven.
(3) Inclusivism – Jesus is the only God, but he can save people from all faith. He keeps all possibilities open to save them when they sincerely following a god and morally living good lives. Therefore, Jesus is not particular whom you believe and follow. So people of all faith end up going to heaven as long as they live sincere and moral lives.
4 Tough Questions:
(1) What about those who never heard the Gospel?
(2) What about babies who died before they came to the Saving Knowledge of Christ or mentally handicapped?
(3) What about sincere and good person who lived moral life?
(4) What about being tolerant to other people and live life in harmony?
Last month, web servers were too busy after Rob Bell‘s book “Love Wins” hit the shelves causing quite a stir in the evangelical world. Comments which most of them were negative filled the blogs and all sorts of social media. Some people even before reading the book started labelling Bell a heretic. Every show Bell appeared asked the first question if he was universalist. Richard Mouw, President of Fuller Seminary blogged sympathizing Bell’s view on heaven, hell, and jugdment. He could not defend Bell but had to blog again; this time, for clearing his view on the book and how he understands Bell’s orthodoxy.
Bell in his book “Love Wins” asks many question on hell, sin, and God’s ultimate judgment. This week Stuart McAllister, the Vice-President for Training and Special Projects for RZIM, sat down with Dr. Daniel Block, Professor of Old Testament at Wheaton College to discuss on this book to sort through some of Bell’s claims.
Bobby Conway, lead pastor of the Life Fellowship church in North Carolina and One Minute Apologist takes time to share his view on Rob Bell’s book Love Wins in this seminar video Hell Yes, Hell No: A Response to Rob Bell and Love Wins. In order to find out what he had to say about Bell being labelled as a universalist or heretic, please watch this video. Running time of this video is 1.53 hrs. Conway takes one hour to share his view on Bell and Love wins. And next one hour is spared for Q/A panel discussion to answers some of the questions from audiences.